In this post, we are going to tell you how to improve the security of your WordPress website.
If you are one of the people who want their website to be striking, professional and safe, then you must learn about WordPress – the content management system that will make your life easier.
What is WordPress?
It is a Web application that is responsible for creating and modifying contents. Although it was initially designed to only create blogs, it has now become a more complete application. What has made its growth enormous is its ease of use and its wonderful features. There are lots of features that WordPress users will be able to add to their websites if they opt for this content management system.
Functions in WordPress
- Easy to install.
- An automatic update.
- It allows you to order your articles, static pages in categories, labels, and subcategories.
- It allows having comments and tools for communication between Blogs.
- Accept themes and widgets.
Themes in WordPress
There are design themes which will allow you to have a website with a professional appearance and good structure. There is a community that is responsible for carrying them out so that all users can use it for free. There are also premium themes with no limits and you can personalize them to your satisfaction.
Plugins in WordPress
They are applications that have different functions or characteristics which help to complement this valuable content management system. In WordPress, you will find different plugins that will help you with your website. Some of the aspect that plugins can help enhance your WordPress website includes:
- Social networks
You do not have to despair if you can’t find the plugin that you need because this can be created without much problem. You can hire developers to help you with the plugins that you want. The best thing about WordPress is that because it is an open source platform, many and top web development companies have the possibility of adding plugins to this platform.
Widgets in WordPress
They are visible components which are placed inside the blog. Widgets allow you to add space, texts, images, search engine, tag cloud, a list with the latest publications on your site.
You can get many of the widgets on WordPress and you do not have to do anything to install them. Just enter and see the ones that are available and use the one you want without having to pay for them or create them.
Is WordPress insecure?
Many users ask themselves this question. The simple answer is that WordPress is no less safe than other similar content managers. Since everything will depend on the actions that you take, you need to know the steps to take to make your WordPress website secure.
7 Ways to improve the security of your website with WordPress
Improving the security of your website with WordPress is very important. This is because it is becoming more popular and hackers may target your site.
You must improve the security of your WordPress website. These are some of the tips to consider:
- Be very careful with your internet connection. The best option is that you work connected by an Ethernet cable and not by wifi.
- Do not use free Wi-Fi. This could bring you problems since these public connections are often unsafe.
- Install an SSL certificate in your Web and access via HTTPS. This way, the data will be encrypted by the network, so that if there is a user connected to the same network with attempts to steal the access credentials, such user will fail with the operation.
- Use passwords that are secure, such as having uppercase, lowercase, special characters as well as numbers.
- The equipment or device you use must be clean and protected.
- Your operating system must be updated, as well as your browser. Avoid browsing sites that you see suspicious as this could be dangerous for your computer.
- You shouldn’t miss having a good and updated antivirus.
6 Advantages of using WordPress
WordPress will always be your best option against any similar content management system programs. It has become the most popular because of the multiple benefits that it offers:
• You can customize it and make the designs you prefer to make your website attractive and different. • You don’t need the knowledge of programming to use it. You do not have to learn, nor understand any codes. • You are the owner of your website, unlike other platforms. The websites created with WordPress is yours. So, you have all the freedom to make the modifications you want. • It is easy to use, although its installation can make it seem a bit complicated. Once installed, you can do what you want in a simple and fast way. • Its design adapts to all types of screens. This means that if someone enters your website from a Smartphone or a Tablet, your website will work correctly without any error. • It is constantly updated, this is done to make improvements and correct defects.
With some simple steps, you can improve the security of your WordPress website. Although, it is recommended to contact your web development project to web development companies. There are various benefits that WordPress offers that you can’t get from other content management systems. You should consult a web development company for your stunning and professional website today.